One of the largest American travel and hospitality conglomerates focused on packaged travel and resort/brand management in Mexico, the Caribbean, Hispanic America, Europe, and the Middle East.
Business Process Name
Data collection through filtered emails from outlook and further sent to the central system, where team members process emails based on received data. Complex calculations & are time-consuming, making them prone to errors and lead loss. Data gathering from multiple sources and generating reports manually.
Customer pain points:
- SLA Management
- Individual Performance Management
- Customer Resolution TAT
The price match department manages all requests sent in by Travel agents that find a lower fare or cost for a trip that the end customer has requested. A screenshot of the competitor’s rates is sent to the Price Match department for the team to validate and process. Once the email and attachment are received, the team member checks the email as well as the attachment and validates if the lower fare can be offered through complex manual calculations and predetermined processes. Post validation, an email is sent to the travel agent.
Email is the only mode of communication:
- Email Process:
An email is received from the Travel agent with an attachment of a screenshot of the lower fare offered by the competitor.
The email is received from different email addresses and is filtered by the ALG mailbox and moved to the Email folder.
The email or the subject is not in any standard format.
The attachment can be from different websites and different formats.
Management of email ownership to different agents within the contact centre team daily. A tool which automatically runs all the complex calculations with minimal input at a click of a button. Easy tracking and monitoring of turnaround times to ensure that SLAs were met, in addition to reporting and dashboard capabilities for volumes and metrics.
Microsoft Power Platform comprising of Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate
Microsoft Power Platform was the preferred choice as it’s a service that helps automate business processes between apps, synchronize files, get notifications, collate data, and more.
- Automated ingestion and creation of tickets
- Applied OCR / ML to scan screenshots and extract predefined information
- Automated calculations based on minimal input
- Automated predefined email templates based on processing outcome
- It offered an intuitive user interface
- Inter department communication
- Provided the ability to send emails from the tool itself
- Tracked and displayed ticket history
- Integrated to multiple systems
- Provided role-based user access
- Integrated report management
Here’s how the customized solution helped
- Accelerated task management and completion by 70%
- Cut back on labour costs by 40%
- Reduced errors in processing by 40%
- Improved customer experience by 50% through quick turnaround time
- Increase scalability of workflows